Why Isn’t My Dental Website On The First Page Of Google?
Every dentist in America at one point has wondered, “why isn’t my dental website on the first page of Google?” Getting ranked first on Google takes a lot of work and time. There is no ‘quick fix’ to getting on the first page of Google. To understand how to get ranked higher on Google we must first understand what SEO is.
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is the process of making a website easy for search engines, like Google, to be found. The first thing people think of when it comes to SEO is keywords and the titles, which is correct for the most part. Having keywords that are commonly used to search for dental websites and titles that reflect those keywords can increase viewership. However, search engines like Google, require not only easy navigation but easy to read content as well. Essentially what Google looks for is that a human actually took the time to write the content, not had it programmed by some machine. A good rule to follow when designing your dental website is to design it tailored to the readers, make it consumer-friendly and not too wordy.
Find out: How myDentalWebsite can help you with your SEO click here.
Steps For Getting My Dental Website to The First Page of Google:
Step 1: Easy to Read Content
Make sure these following rules are maintained when making your dental website easy to read:
- No more than 25% of the total sentences contain no more than 20 words.
- No more than 10% of the total sentences contain passive voice.
- The amount of words following each of the subheadings doesn’t exceed 300 words
- The paragraphs aren’t too long
- Include transition words in between sentences/paragraphs.
This is the standard protocol to get on the first page of Google.
Step 2: Keywords that Work for Your Dental Website
Make sure to find keywords specific to your site. The tools available are Google Keyword Planner Tool and Google Trends. Make sure to also research your targeted city. For example, a dentist in Dallas, Texas would like to have the word “dallas dentist” in their keywords for their site.
Step 3: Where to put your keywords
Here is a list of where you should put your keywords:
- Your URL should contain your keywords. (more important on the subpages and articles on the site)
- Meta description should have your keywords and be no longer than 160 characters.
- Your title should contain keywords in the beginning and should be no longer than 60 characters.
- Your first paragraph should contain the keywords.
- Some of your subheadings should contain your keywords.
- Tastefully place your keywords as often on the site, without spamming it.
Step 3: Google Webmaster Tool
From the name of it you already know that this is a tool for webmaster. Here is a link to Google Webmaster Tool. Go ahead and make an account, it’s FREE. This tool will play a huge role in your SEO and getting your site to the first page on Google. This tool allows you to communicate with Google and adjust many aspects of how Google sees your dental website.
Step 4: Sitemap
A sitemap is a map or list that allows search engines to crawl through your site. Here is an example of a sitemap. This allows Google to see what pages on your site are important and how your site is formatted. Including a sitemap on your dental website will help get your ranking up and get you closer to the first page of Google.
Step 5: Backlinks
Backlinks are links on other sites that point back to your site. The best way to get backlinks to your site is to have a blog section that is updated weekly or monthly, then you can share the link on social media.
Step 6: Other
Here are some other things to include on your dental website to help you get on the first page of Google:
- Have more than 300 words on a page.
- Make sure to have images on every page and have alt text for the images
- Have links on the page to other sites. (outbound links)
- Have links on pages to other pages on your site. (inbound links)
Now before asking “why isn’t my dental website on the first page of Google,” make sure you have followed all the steps above. If at that point you are still struggling to get on the first page then contact us at myDentalWebsite and we would be happy to help you out.
Follow us on FaceBook for more articles like this: https://www.facebook.com/myDentalWebsite/
January 28, 2018
January 14, 2018
August 28, 2017